Monday, October 15, 2007

Gold's Gym Guy

So I go to Gold's Gym to work out in the morning before work. I see a lot of the same people everyday. Anywho, I like to get in and get out. It's early I don't have any makeup on, so I hardly even talk to the people that I see that I know....let alone strangers. With that said:

This one guy (shorter, mid-forties I'd say, Trump-like hair) started coming a couple months ago--at least that's when I first noticed him (I'm kinda in a zone and don't really pay too much attention to everyone else). Every time I've noticed him he's looking at me. I've started avoiding him, but he's still found ways to come talk to me. He asked my name, where I work, etc. Anywho, I found ways to throw in stuff about my husband. When I mentioned what Jared does for work he said "Oh, I need to call him some time. I have some questions about pruning my pyrocantha" or something like that. Whatever. I didn't think too much about it until he mentioned calling Jared on two other occasions. I'd just blow it off and think "I'm not going to give you the number!" So Jared calls me up the other day and said that some guy from the gym called him on his cell about pruning!!! No, I didn't give him the number!

How weird is that? I'm starting a poll (see upper left-hand side of my main blog page) so you can tell me if I'm just getting weirded out for no good reason. He does talk to some other people there. Maybe he's just a talker. But that's still weird that he remembered enough of Jared's information to actually find his number on his own and then call with out asking if it was OK. Talker or Stalker....you decide.

6 comments:

Haley Hale said...

Maybe he is just a talker... or he could be stalking Jared? Oh, and congrats on the new job and new car!! Fun stuff!

Allie said...

Umm how the heck did he find Jared's number? Thats seems pretty hard to do. Weird! You'll have to tell me what he looks like so I know if he's there when I go.

Christine said...

Does he work there? Did Golds Gym give them your info??? If they did, I would get mad at them! WEIRD! PS How was your party????

VoNique said...

So, my guess is that he found the number on BYU's "Stalker net". Because he knew that Jared was the foreman over the pruning crew. That's not as creepy as thinking that he like bribed someone from the gym to give it to him...but still not cool that he didn't just ask for the number, and permission.

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

VO DO NOT TALK TO HIM ANYMORE!! Oh that is nuts. scary.... Is this what happends when i leave town?

Christine said...

WEIRD!