Saturday, October 18, 2008

9/15/08-9/27/08

I know, I know. I'm way over due. I'll do my best to update you of the last month with out making you read for an hour.

On 9/15/08 I started a new job. It was at Novacoast who is a partner company of Novell's and in that same plaza. I say "was" because I didn't like it and quit on 09/30/08! I should have never taken the job to begin with. It was less money than I wanted, doing work I didn't want to do, and it just felt like a big step backwards for me. (I'll update you on what I'm doing now a little further down.)

9/22/08 My niece Lindsay and her husband, Michael, are back from Alaska. We had a European dinner night with them and nephew Ryan & Ashley, and VeNicia. Lindz served a mission in Poland, and has a Polish cookbook. That's what inspired the whole idea. Jared had his heart set on making Borscht. So that's what we made. I guess it was good for what it was, but I didn't like what it was. Beet soup. Ew.




Lindsay makes it look good though, doesn't she?
We ate yummy home made Perogies, a Greek salad, and yummy Italian dipping bread. Mmmm! We moved to the Hibberts for bunt cake, and to play Rock Band. Always a good time.





FYI: if you take funny pictures of yourself with my camera while I'm not looking, they'll most likely end up on my blog for the whole world to see. (That's right. The whole world follows my blog.)

9/27/08 VeNicia, Lindsey, and Jenn joined me for a craft day at my house! = ) (Thanks again for coming!) Jenn and I worked on these cute fabric pumpkins. Lindsey worked a little creative scrapbook she's putting together. And busy VeNicia graded school papers. (I tricked her in to starting a pumpkin before she left though. Muhahahaha!) It always takes me several times longer to do a project than I think it's going to. I spent all day on the little pumpkin, and finished the rest later. It was nice spending time with everyone, we had a lot of fun!






4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ooh!! Vo!! Those pumpkins turned out so cute!! They look so good altogether! I love them!

And didn't I expressly tell you NOT to post that picture on the top right of my looking pregnant? Yeah. I did. =)

VoNique said...

Oh yeah! I totally forgot! I just thought it was a cute picture of the two of you and forgot you looked like a fatty. (Maybe because your "pregnant" belly just looks like a normal one.) I guess I can change it. And to avoid any rumors...Lindsay is not currently preganant that I'm aware of.

Candace said...

Your pumpkins turned out great! You definitely have the spooky Halloween spirit going on at your house. I can sense it. I'm glad your back from your vacation. Looks like tons of fun.

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

Cute pumpkins and beet soup, I do not blame you.