Thursday, July 23, 2009

Remember February?

A couple posts ago I started with "So apparently I find time to Blog about, what, once a month?..." If only!! Then I wouldn't have like 6 months worth of stuff you catch up on!! Where does the time go? Well, my goal is to get all caught up by the time school starts again. Se be prepared to do some serious reading in the next month or so!!!

I don't have a lot to write about for February. Mostly because 98% of my pictures were deleted that month! That was sucky.

02/04/09 At the beginning of February my Dad went back to WA. And my picture of his last day here was among the deleted. = ( Jared, and my sister's VeNicia and JaNel, and I ate dinner with him at Marie Calendars before he had to catch his flight. It was nice to have him here for so long though. The last couple of holiday seasons my dad has come before Thanksgiving and then left sometime after new years! This time we tricked him into staying until February! Mu hahahahaha!

February kept us busy. All of "our shows" that we follow all start in January (Lost, Idol and The Office). Jared was involved in intramural soccer again. He's a really good keeper. I was really busy between school and work. I was doing both part time, but I still felt insanely busy. I have no idea how people can do both work and school full time. Crazy people. Maybe if I didn't "have" to get an A I could take more than 2 or 3 classes at a time! Yes, I'm one of THOSE people. I ended up getting an A in Physical Science, but I had to negotiate my A- in Anthropology to an A. (They totally false-advertised how they were going to be grading attendance!) I didn't realize they could change your grade after they already posted them. Good to know.

02/05/09 My brother Barry called me to find someone to use his Jazz tickets for them. Jared couldn't go, so I gave them to Lindsay and Michael. They were going to take Ryan, but he couldn't go. So I did! It was way fun and the Jazz kicked the Mavericks' booty.


02/14/09 The night before Valentine's Day I had to work, and when I got home really late there were a dozen huge red roses on the table for me and the sweetest note to go with them. For V-day we did a fondue party over at our friend's house (Candace and Jared Lish). We brought a cheese fondue with potatoes, carrots, broccoli, red peppers, bread, artichokes, and asparagus to dip in it. And for the dessert the Lishes did a chocolate fondue with apples, coffee cake, bananas, brownie, angle food cake, strawberries, and tons of other yummy stuff to dip! I was sooo hungry and it was De-Lish! (As C. Lish likes to say.) Then we chilled and watched Spanglish. Good times.


02/22/09 The Hibberts carpooled with us up to the VanDenBerghe's for Elise's birthday party. They were nice enough to let me interview them for my anthropology class on the way. Some of Paul's family was there at the beginning. We ate yummy food and played some games. During Cranium I had to sculpt the Statue of Liberty and Ryan actually got it! It was awesome! VeNicia came just in time for her favorite game...Balderdash.



At the end of the month the weather started getting nice enough for tennis, so we played a few times. Lindz and I would get people together to play during the day when we didn't have to work until night. It was way fun.

3 comments:

Candace said...

hahaha! Valentines was AWESOME! We took fondue to the next level. Mmm.

I love that you're posting February now. I might be posting 6 months behind shortly too.

Lindsay said...

Sniff sniff, I miss you! I love the post- what good memories! You must keep a journal...maybe I should do that... haha. Bring on March!

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

does Vo keep a journal??? only if you call recording every minute of every day... love you Vo, I miss a little light reading I would do of your journal in sacrament meeting. good times. I tried to enlarge the picture of the roses from jared you said it was the sweetest note, but he wrote a little too small. :)