Tuesday, August 18, 2009

May 2009

04/30/09 began the trip of little sleep. VeNicia, Christine (our old roommate) and I drove down to San Diego for our old roommate, Melissa's wedding! We left after VeNicia got off work on a Thursday and didn't get in until about 3am on Fri! We were up early to pick up our friend (and another old roommate) Erica from the airport and then headed to Disneyland! Erica was a good friend and decided to stay behind and help Melissa get ready for the big day, so it was VeNicia, Christine and I. We went on all of the good rides (all the ones with the little symbol that means 'don't ride this if you have heart problems'). Space Mountain was by far my favorite. We had so much fun!


05/02/09 We didn't leave Disneyland until pretty late, and then we had a long drive to our hotel. Then we were up really early again and headed to the beautiful San Diego temple for Melissa and Jeremy to be sealed. The ceremony we beautiful and so was the reception. It was a really fun trip! It was nice to spend so much time with some of the ol' roomies!


05/08/09 I didn't have time to unpack before VeNicia and I were off again on another road trip! This time we had our sister JaNel along, too! We headed down to stay with my brother Brett so we could attend his graduation from UNLV. Brett and Nancy took us all out to breakfast, and just outside El Durado was a fun little outdoor art market. It reminded me a little of the Saturday Market in Portland. It was there that I found the perfect metal gift for our 7 year brass anniversary. K, I doubt it's brass, but the guy didn't know what kind of metal it was so we'll call it brass. It's got colorful metallic flowers. It's just what I was imagining for our porch! I love how it sparkles in the sun!

My camera died right before the graduation ceremony so I don't have a ton of pictures of that. But here's one I got with my cell phone. (VeNicia add that to the list of pictures I need from you!)

Brett Aurich - Information Systems Management
Congratulations!

We had a party afterwards with yummy food and then a bunch of us went bowling at Sunset Station. Rita, JaNel, VeNicia and I wore our cute socks Nicia got us. = ) It was a fun night. Lots of goofin around, and high fives, even though only one person on our team even broke 100! (Nice work Neesh!) Then we stayed up and watched 7lbs. The beginning was boring then it was interesting but way too sad. We had a fabulous breakfast before we headed out the next day. It was a fun trip, I'm glad we got to go!

05/14/09 I got these pretty flowers from Jared (yellow) and my Dad (pink) for Mother's Day! I think it's nice that Dad sends me flowers when he wants to send them to my Mom. We miss her so much.

05/16/09 We had a fun BBQ with our friends before Sam and Lori Burkman moved away. Our friends have the cutest kids! It was nice to spend time with everyone. Good luck in WA!

05/27/09 My Dad came to town again to go on a trip with us (more on that in my June post). He got here just in time to go to my niece Sarah's high school graduation! She's the little red dot at the top right of the collage below. (Don't forget you can click on the pictures to enlarge them) I wish we could hung around later to get some better pictures and go to her party after, but the ceremony didn't start until pretty late, and it was all the way up in Ogden. I'm glad we got to go for what we did though! We're proud of you, Sarah! Also, I got to meet my great-niece Lily there, she's such a cutie!

Well that sums up all of the main events from May. Besides the above was swimming with friends, tennis, I played my flute in church, worked, and did a TON of accounting homework.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oooh!! So awesome! And I was just about to tell you that you were due for another post! You are ON IT! I love love love all the pictures- this is starting the time I've missed, so it's nice to see what you've been up to. I miss you so bad!

Chris and Christy said...

thanks for your comment VoNique :) it really is amazing how many YOUNG couples are struggling w/ this! We're also lucky, and chris' work covers almost all of it! we've prob had close to $20,000 worth of work done since Jan. and have only had to pay $3,000 out of pocket! definitely blessed! we have a lifetime max to use tho, so once its all used up, we'll move on to adoption! But we're keeping our fingers crossed for the 2nd go around...Oct. 28th :)