Tuesday, August 4, 2009

April 2009

04/11/09 Our friends, Adam and Wendy, invited us to go to the BYU Alumni Ball with them. We ate dinner at our house (lettuce wraps…mmm) and then went to the ball. It was in the new Hinckley Building. It’s a beautiful building. The hors d'oeuvres were really good. There was dancing and singing and other entertainment. We ran into some old friends there and chatted with them. I really liked Wendy’s dress. I wore my red/black dress with the beads that I found when I was wedding dress shopping over 7 years ago! (I get easily sidetracked when I’m shopping “Wedding dress, wedding dress, ooh! Prom dress! Wait I won’t have any more proms…oh well it’s cute.”) Anywho, it was a really fun night!



04/18/09 My sister VeNicia’s birthday was on the 18th, but she prefers to have a birthday month instead of day. = ) She, JaNel, and I went to Main Street Pizza & Noodle in Park City and then to the outlets one day. On her actual birthday we met up with Paul and JaNel and VeNicia at Mazza’s. It’s a middle eastern restraint in Salt Lake. It’s really nice. I gave VeNicia her present I’d been working non-stop on since I got the idea, which was only a couple of days before her birthday. I contacted a bunch of her friends and family through email and facebook and had them write a note to VeNicia, saying what they admired about her etc. I got back over 25 notes, and I made them into a book. The notes were all so nice, they were perfect! Many of them made me cry and they weren’t even to me! Anywho, she seemed to really like it. After dinner we went to SpeedStreet and raced go-carts! It was so much fun! (Thanks for sharing your gift certificates, Neesh, even though it was YOUR birthday! = )



Yet another VeNicia b-day event. = ) Jk, I enjoyed all the excuses to get together!
Happy Birthday Month Neeshy!!! = )



April was Lindsay and Michael's last month here. In case you wondered why you never saw us it's because we were hanging out with them! We played a lot of tennis. I loved it! (Sometimes Lindz would just watch when she was feeling sick....because she's pregnant!!!) We miss our tennis partners! (We've had to buy two more rackets just to get other people to play with us!)


Below are pictures of our Last Red Robin Supper (you see a typical meal of Nachos -sub guac for avocado- and Cajun Clucks), Lindsay's good-bye party with a few of our Red Robin friends, and pictures outside the Hibberts apartment. We just finished playing some tennis, they were getting ready to move and needed to get rid of some of their food so I went over to pick it up. There was a ton!! We're still trying to finish it all! (Thanks again guys!) The bottom middle picture was just after that. It's the last time I saw the Hibberts. I started crying right about after that picture. I really miss them a lot. Can you guys move back now?



Towards the end of April I wrapped up my winter school semester at BYU. Apparently I over-studied because I got 97% on my Physical Science final!!! I was so excited! And I think I already told the story of finagling an A out of my Anthropology class.

04/27/09 Happy 7th Anniversary to us!! We played some tennis with Michael (Lindz had to work). Jared made me a fabulous dinner....loaded mashed potatoes & really yummy steaks using an Applebees marinade. We went to the mall and ate my favorite dessert at Red Robin (the Mudd Pie), and said hi to Lindz. Then, like we do every anniversary, we took our picture in the booth at the mall that "draws" you (see middle below). Then we shopped a little, but couldn't find anything copper, brass, or wool we wanted. (That's the traditional 7th year gift. We later ended up getting this really cool metal flower art piece for our doorstep. I love it!) Then we went to Ozz and shot some pool. It was a lot of fun spending the day with Jared. I really am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband!




1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I thought I would hate this month's blog post! And in a way, I did- it made me want to cry. But it was so fun too, to relive the memories of April! Aww...So sad! I wish we lived closer to each other, I really do! Thanks for posting this! You're doing so awesome!