Monday, August 25, 2008

BYU

BYU—Once Jared turned 30 (last December) I became eligible for free tuition at BYU! I didn’t want to cut back my work schedule, but felt like free tuition shouldn't be passed up. So at the end of April (spring term) I took a Career Exploration class, and I just finished my summer class (Excel - Sys100). Even just one class and working full time makes me feel so busy! I’m not sure how long I can keep this up! I don’t know how people do both full-time. They’re crazy! In the Fall I signed up to take Economics, but I heard the teacher wasn’t that great so I think I might take a World Religions class instead. (It will complete my Global and Cultural requirement.)

I think I’d feel different about school if there was something I wanted to do when I grow that requires it, but I like where I work and would be fine staying there until whenever we have kids.

Anywho, if you happen to actually be reading this boring blog, and also went to BYU, let me know if there’s any general requirement classes that you took that you’d recommend.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

hey. i am boring. and i went to byu... i would recommend any of the home and family living classes that can fulfill a general requirement. i loved all of mine! i can't remember the specifics of generals though...sorry.

Unknown said...

Hey VoNique, so I've been stalking you through your blog ever since I came across VeNicia's and saw the link. I hope that's okay! It's good to see that you are doing so well!

I didn't have too many general classes at BYU, but loved nearly all my religion classes. I ended up taking quite a few extra classes because I fell in love with Susan Easton Black's way of teaching. I took every class she offered (mostly Church History). I also really enjoyed the chance to take Sign Language from BYU and learn religious signs that they just don't teach you in High School. I would recommend taking whatever language you studied in High School just to fill in vocabulary gaps. I also really love my Art History classes that they held in the basement of the MOA. What great ambiance! They were the only (bleh) history classes I had to take, and I figured I'd actually make it to class if it involved art. If you are up for torture, I could always recommend a great BioChemistry teacher! :)

mamaste said...

whatever, your blog's not boring!

i think that's awesome that you're taking classes. nothing beats free. and while i graduated from ASU, erik loved being a cougar and always raved about the religion classes at byu. and i've heard that world religions one is a winner.

it's hard knowing what to "do" when you grow up. i'm trying to figure it out too. maybe something that you could do from home with your kiddos? if you come up with any good ideas, let me know...

Chelsea said...

Hey! I just ran into your blog. It's way cute! I took both of my D&C classes from Brother Perkins. He is AMAZING, and he is more about you learning and growing spiritually than about making the class impossible to pass. Hope that helps!